University Information Technology (UIT) is pleased to announce that Microsoft is making Office 2016 Education freely available to all currently active full and part-time York U students, staff and faculty for home and personal computers.
Microsoft’s program allows eligible users to download and install Office 2016 Education on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on other mobile devices, including Android, iPad(R), and Windows tablets. Office 2016 Education includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook. Microsoft also provides access to a limited amount of file storage on their OneDrive cloud service.
To take advantage of this free offer, follow these instructions*:
- Go to https://portal.office.com/
- Enter your Passport York username with @yorku.ca - e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. See image.
- If you see a pop-up stating "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?". Click on "Work or school account".
- Enter your Passport York password.
- On the right hand side of your screen click on "Install Office 2016".
- Follow the on screen instructions.
* For mobile platforms such as iOS and Android, once you login to https://portal.office.com/ you will be directed to download Office 2016 from the Apple Store or Google Play Store respectively.