University Information Technology (UIT) is pleased to announce that Microsoft is making Office 365 Education freely available to all currently active full and part-time York U students, staff and faculty for home and personal computers.
Microsoft’s program allows eligible users to download and install Office 365 Education on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on other mobile devices, including Android, iPad(R), and Windows tablets. Office 365 Education includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook. Microsoft also provides access to a limited amount of file storage on their OneDrive cloud service.
To take advantage of this free offer, follow these instructions:
1. Go to Office.com/GetOffice365
2. Put in your school provided central email address, either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
3. Click on "Get Started" button
4. If you are a student click on "I'm a student" / If you are a faculty/staff member click on "I'm a teacher"
5. Click on "'Yes' that's me" in the email that is sent to you (takes up to 15 minutes) and then complete the registration
6. Install Office and sign-in with your newly created Office 365 ID
Please note that support for Office 365 or OneDrive is not provided by the UIT Service Desk. For more information and Frequently Asked Questions, please refer to the links below.
York is pleased to offer Microsoft Office 365 Education Suite to its active students, faculty and staff. For further support and information, please visit Microsoft's resource page.
York is pleased to offer Microsoft Office 365 Education Suite to all currently active full and part-time York U students, staff and faculty for home and personal computers.
When you graduate or leave York, your Office 365 subscription through your institution ends. You may enroll into other consumer or commercial offers available. If you have Office 365 Education at your school, you should make sure to transfer all your files from your school OneDrive to your personal OneDrive prior to graduation
1. Go to Office.com/GetOffice365
2. Click the “Get started for free
3. Put in your school provided central email address, either firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Follow the link that is sent to your email (takes up to 15 minutes) to complete the registration
5. Install Office
and sign-in with your newly created Office 365 ID
Office 365 Education comes with a full version of Office and familiar Office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and more. Office 365 Education is a user-based service and allows each student to install on up to five PCs or Macs, and five tablets (iPad) and access Office mobile applications on iPhone and Android phones. (Office Mobile applications are included with all Windows phones). More information here
Although Office 365 Education is not supported by UIT Service Desk; If you are having issues installing Office, visit Install Office on your PC or Mac with Office 365 for business.
) for installation instructions.
No. The Office purchased is a consumer offering and students can continue to take advantage of the purchased offer.
Google Apps at York
is an email and cloud offering of applications for Undergraduate students at York. It is a separate service from Office 365 Education and is free to all Undergraduate students.