Steps to Download Junos Pulse
- Download Junos Pulse Installer (64 Bit) or Junos Pulse Installer (32 Bit) . Click here if you need to determine if your Windows OS is 64 bit or 32 bit.
- When you start the download of the Junos Pulse installer file, you will be first prompted to log in to York University Computing Downloads using your Passport York credentials.
- Depending on your browser, you might be able to choose Run to begin the installation or you will have to Save the installer file first. If you have to save the file, it will appear under your downloads (Junos Pulse.xNN.msi)
A pre-production beta version is available. We only recommend downloading the beta if the regular pulse client does not work for you.
Pulse Secure Client version 5.2R4.1 beta is provided on a 'no support' basis.
This Pulse Client version supports Windows 7, Windows 8.x, Windows 10 and Windows Vista. Windows clients who encounter problems with version 5.2R4.1 beta are advised to revert to version 5.0.5 that is available from the vpn.yorku.ca web site. Windows 10 users who encounter problems unfortunately must wait for the production deployment of version 5.2R4.1 later this year. There is currently no published date on UIT provided support for Windows 10.
- Click on the file name in your downloads and/or Run the file. The InstallShield Wizard will open. Click next and install. You might have to click Yes to allow the installation on your computer user account. Click finish to complete the installation.
- Once you finish, the wizard screen disappears. The Pulse icon has been added to your system tray.
- Log out from York University Computing Downloads
and proceed with Pulse setup using the icon in your system tray.
Steps to Configure Junos Pulse
- Confirm that Junos Pulse is running by clicking on the arrow in the system tray:
- Click on the Pulse Icon in the system tray and click on "Open Pulse" to launch the Junos Pulse application.
- Click on the "+" sign to add a connection.
- In the Name field enter a description name for your SSLVPN profile.
Enter https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/vpnyork in the Server URL field and click ADD.
- Your Junos Pulse panel now has an entry for “My VPNYork SSLVPN”
Click CONNECT to start your SSLVPN session.
- Enter your PPY username and password and click on Connect.
- You are now connected to the VPNYork SSLVPN.
- For details on your SSLVPN session select File > Connections > Advanced Connection Details
- To end your SSLVPN session Select “Disconnect” next to “My VPNYork SSLVPN”.
- Session now shows “Disconnected”.