- Secure remote access uses VPN (Virtual Private Network) technology to create a more secure link between your device and the York network.
- Secure Remote Access is required for accessing many services from off campus.
- This service is strongly recommended when connecting from any non-secure wireless network, such as AirYorkGUEST or public hotspots.
How do I get it?
NOTE: The Pulse Secure client download and setup steps are done only ONCE.
|Operating System||Where to Get the Pulse Client|
|Windows 7 and higher||Installation Instructions for Pulse on Windows 32 Bit / 64 Bit|
|Mac OS 10.8x
|Installation Instructions for Pulse on Mac|
|Linux||Installation instructions for Pulse Secure on Linux
Download the appropriate client:
CentOS/RHEL 32-bit, CentOS/RHEL 64-bit, Ubuntu/Debian 32-bit, Ubuntu/Debian 64-bit
(iPad / iPhone) 8.1 and higher
|Installation Instructions for Pulse Secure on iOS|
|Android Phone / Tablet 4.4.x and higher||Installation Instructions for Pulse Secure on Android Devices|
How do I get help?
- Pulse Secure may conflict with wireless printing, Lotus Sametime and home networking since split tunneling is not allowed. In such cases clients should use these applications after logging off from Pulse Secure.
- Users of the vpnfw1 profile will not be able to access yu link without logging off from Pulse Secure.