- eduroam is a Wi-Fi Internet access service which allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions using their home credentials. You can learn more about eduroam here https://www.eduroam.org/what-is-eduroam/
- Your Passport York username followed by @yorku.ca, and password, is your log in for eduroam.
- York Community members connected to eduroam are provided the same service as if they were connected to AirYorkPLUS. A Wi-Fi client device which is configured to use eduroam does not also require AirYorkPLUS.
How do I get it?
- Check that the institution you will be visiting is an eduroam participant:
- Configure your computer or wireless device & connect to eduroam wireless network:
- eduroam is available in the following locations at York: eduroam service locations
How do I get help?
- If you are visiting York University from another institution, please contact your home institution for instructions on connecting to eduroam at York.
- If you are a York University Community member, please contact the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-736-5800.
- eduroam at York supports 802.11a/g/n/ac
- IP address ranges for non-York eduroam users on campus at York are:
Keele campus and all sites other than Glendon: 220.127.116.11/24
Glendon campus: 18.104.22.168/24
eduroam traffic is not restricted, throttled, shaped nor firewalled
- Authentication for the eduroam wireless access service requires each client system to be configured to use WPA2 Enterprise with AES encryption and 802.1X (PEAPv0 with EAP-MSCHAPv2) for authentication.